Friday, January 8, 2010

A Romantic Beach Inspired Nursery In The Colors Of The Sand





My parent's were kind enough to create the most fanciful nursery for my little one. It is a space that is all white and beautiful shades of cream with the most beautiful antique French iron bed found at Paris Flea Market. The luxurious bedding is from Blue Springs Home in Newport Beach, California. The room is quite heavenly and clearly created by loving Grandparents.
The stuffed animals are actually almost two feet tall and the first thing that Christian runs to put onto my Dad (Poppi) and trys to bury Poppi with them. It's quite effective. Poor Poppi.


The sideboard gave the perfect venue to display Belleck, Lenox vases and beach treasures. It is a collection of dreamy soft white and cream acquisitions from my Grandmother, my mother and gift's from me. Whenever I didn't know what to get my Mom, I always knew a Lenox rose vase would do the trick. My Dad usually has the most beautiful roses to pick from his garden to adorn them.


Touches of nature
seem to fit perfectly in our seaside town and in this quaint room.



The storks were acquired in La Jolla
where the storks seem to be a mainstay in their decor.



The old school tin man at salute over a beach inspired table set that was found in the English Tea store in downtown San Clemente.
We have spent many an afternoon having tea here with our three generations. It has been quite the magical space for all of us.


The entrance to the nursery is a french art deco looking lady in white iron. She sets the stately and enchanting mood.
This is a magical place we have enjoyed over the last few years. As my son becomes six this summer we wonder how this room will transform. Will it lose it's magic? I hope not.


Life just keeps marching on...
We keep decorating on...
Do you like the look of an all white room?
Does it sing to you?


xo,
Christina


6 comments:

Nina said...

OMG! This is the most romantic nursery that I've ever set my eyes on! It should really be featured in a magazine. Seriously! The fact that every little thing has a meaning makes it all the more precious!

Anonymous said...

what a great environment. beautiful as a sensual snowball.

agneta, the swedish one

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

Nice post! I like white things like that.

http://dreamchymecindy.blogspot.com
http://chyme-inspiration.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

So lovely, darling!
Adore the little table and chairs!

xoxox,
CC

DolceDreams said...

Oh this is one of the most beautiful nurseries ever! But, 6...where do you hide the Lego's and other toys in mode at this age? Slowly I find my boys having more of an opinion on clothing and decor, that do not always co- exist with their mothers (sigh)....
What wonderful parents you have to have created such a special place...no wonder you have such good taste!
Have a great week-end,
nathalie

Phie Preston said...

I love the Horst images, it's interesting how much fashion photography has changed!! I hope you can check out The Fashion Smoke and follow us too :)

http://thefashionsmoke.com