Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chanel Spring 2010 Haute Couture

I start with the Chanel shorts suit.
I love the color of green and lord knows I die for a Chanel suit. But, what the heck are they thinking with the shorts suit? I personally would throw down the Chanel suit on a job interview, closing a big deal, marriage of child, wedding of ex, etc... You know, the few special events in your life when a top of the line Chanel suit is needed. So, why on earth would I throw on granny shorts versus a pencil skirt on such heavy hitter day? I normally am very positive but I think they are way off course on this one. What do you think?
I think the rest of the collection is done to perfection with romantic draping details and exquisite workmanship.



I'm feeling a little 60's vibe here.




This baby really hits me. What do you think?

Very young and hip with the extreme
metallic top and draped bottom.


So soft and romantic.

What are your thoughts about this collection?
Are you up for trying on the granny Chanel shorts suit?
Am I going to be eating my words in two years?
It has happened before...
xo,
Christina

All photos founds at Couture.

6 comments:

Scientific Housewife said...

It's so interesting, especially the dress with the tie!

www.janetteria.com said...

Hello darling Christina,

Oooohohoooo, U know I'm crazy for Chanel as now too. :-)))))
KL is a genius! Love their hair style!

P.S.: ♥Please don't forget to join the newer giveaway!♥

Good luck!


BaronessVonVintage said...

you're right...those shorts aren't so good. i do think Coco Chanel herself might love them, though, given they are sort of sporty and definitely not run of the mill suiting! Love the confection with the big tie (very Karl Lagerfeld).

Louise said...

I quite like the shorts. Poor Karl keeps having to reinvent the classic Chanel suit every season, so I think the shorts are nice for a change. Obviously not as wearable as a skirt, but still feasible nonetheless.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ahhhhhh, it's all so divine! And the shimmer tights are really workin' for me!

Lizzy said...

You're right, the dresses have that 60's style.