Edited by Dramatis Personae
Fashion’s getting heavier– and I’m not just talking about the rise of supermodels like Crystal Renn. This week we’ve got meaty posts covering ethical topics like the sustainability of bamboo at Awakened Aesthetic while Bonne-Vie covers the the implications of buying items made in China. We’ve got not 1–not 2, but 3 AMAZING Interviews this week at Alice in Stilettos, kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS, and White Rabbit. Even Gala Darling’s post on her 2010 Style Direction could serve as a paperweight, it’s so chock full of inspiring images, details, and notations.
As usual, there’s a fabulous collection of links in the forums for your continued reading pleasure!
Links à la Mode: January 21st
- Alice in Stilettos: – Interviewed brilliant 18 year old designer, Nathan Gerard!
- Awakened Aesthetic: – How Green is Your Bamboo?
- Bonne Vie: – At Bonne Vie, we talked about the impact of conscious spending on your wardrobe (and one girl’s journey to not buy “Made In China”)
- Cafe Fashionista: – Style Secrets: Stormy Sophistication. A comprehensive guide for the girl who wants to remain fashionable even in the midst of a monsoon!
- DailyDivaDish: – Vintage Broaches: 8 Unique ways to wear these treasures & more — includes many pics of different broaches & a DIY idea for reusing those with broken clasps.
- dramatis personae: – Following Your Instincts…When Meeting New People, When Shopping, When at Work, and When in Love
- Fashion Pulse Daily: – Ponders the significance of the C. Finley Wallpapered Dumpster Project
- For Those About to Shop: – nternational runway sensation Stacey McKenzie inspires aspiring models to be themselves.
- Gala Darling: – 2010 Style Direction: Psychadelic Ladies Who Lunch
- girl friday : – DIY Ribbon Necklace & Bracelet. tutoirial on how to make your own ribbon necklace.
- hello beauty! – In my post on Hello Beauty, I wrote about the new Bobbi Brown campaign. She’s using friends – not models.
- Idee Fixe: – Fashion and the arts charities supporting Haitian Relief on Idee Fixe
- In Life & In Fashion: – Make a “Most Coveted List” to avoid silly impulse spending! Includes tip on how to create your own list and what is currently on mine!
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: – How to Create Your Media Kit
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS: – My exclusive interview with Inbar Spector, an Israeli London-based designer whose renowned avant garde Bjork-inspired designs have been worn by celebrities such as Rihanna.
- Model Max: – A special report on the history of male modeling – from the 1980s to the present time, with short profiles of selected male models who remain successful even after modeling.
- Oranges and Apples: – Top tips for organising your wardrobe
- Retro Chick – The 4 things I’ve always wanted but never owned
- THE COVETED – Marion Cotillard and Franz Ferdinand team up for Dior
- the fashionate traveller: – the rock/burlesque/voodoo vibe that is alternative Sydney label Baroque & Roll.
- White Rabbit: – Introducing Sorcha Gillet, the Irish born textile designer and blogger.