Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bringing Back 1920's Glam with Model Freja Beha and Photographer Steven Meisel to the famous comments of Coco Chanel

This fabulous 1920's inspired editorial by photographer Steven Meisel and model Freja Beha, brings me back to the famous quotes from Coco Chanel.

“Fashion fades, only style remains the same.”


“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.”



“A girl should be two things:
classy and fabulous.”



“As long as you know men are like children,
you know everything!”




“The best color in the whole world,
is the one that looks good, on you!”




“Don't spend time beating on a wall,
hoping to transform it into a door.”




“A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed”



“I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.”

“There is time for work, and time for love.

That leaves no other time”

"A woman that doesn't wear perfume has no future."
~~


Such clever and timeless thoughts from the
legendary Coco Chanel.
What is your favorite Coco quote?
~~

Thanks so much for stopping by,
dear friend.
xo,
Christina

Photo credits:

14 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Wow, such an interesting post. Loved your style. Thank you.

www.janetteria.com said...

I love Freja's face!

little luxury list said...

Great set of quotes - I love the one about always looking good when stepping out...you should always look good if destiny comes knocking!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Woa Chanel knew her stuff. I actually just did a post how people told me I wasn't girly enough. This post of yours totally just gave me motivation to change this up!! Thank u!! Love the photos & especially this quote!

“I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.".

I have to write that one down!! =)

Erica Cook said...

Fantastic post! I always LOVE dropping by. xoxo Erica

VM Creation Atelier said...

Hello,dear Christina!-)*

These editorial is really phantastic!
I Love these style of 20...
Glamour and another charm***

And these qoutes also sounds so true!-)))*
Thank you for share these and my fav,is:
“A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed”

Much Love,
***Violetta***

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a fun post, filled with Coco~isms. Miss Coco, she was a one of a kind, inspiring, and beyond fabulous. xo Lidy

studioJudith said...

Simply the BEST .. .
both the images and the illuminating
quotes from the ever inspirational
Coco!
I just found you, through Agneta at
Wabi Sabi ... .
lovely blog, I shall return.

Judith

mandi said...

LOVE CoCo!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love this one...“Fashion fades, only style remains the same.” Happy Friday pretty lady!

Unknown said...

Great post! with fabulous photos, Have a sweet day!

The Red Velvet Shoe said...

What a fabulous post, she was so very brilliant! My husband keeps booting the CoCo movie down on our Net Flix queue, but I'm going to put it in first place today! Enough is enough!

ps~I'm hosting a
Vintage Springtime Give~Away!
over at my blog, so come on over and play!
~Michelle

isabelnotebook said...

Beautiful! Your Blog is lovely.
Isabel

Unknown said...

“Don't spend time beating on a wall,
hoping to transform it into a door.”
I like this one best. The photos are fabulous.