Monday, April 25, 2011
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Edited by Joanne Faith
Fashion bloggers are natural social media experts. Beyond our blogs, you’ll find us on Facebook and Twitter, some are on YouTube, as well as a plethora of other connected communities (IFB!). I am confident enough in our abilities to say that we know how to use social media (effectively) better than most, and I probably don’t need to tell you what a wonderful skill that is to have right now! Naturally, a few of things weeks links related to issues around social media and I expect the topic to crop up only more often in the future.
I am excited to be apart of the first round of editors for Links A La Mode: Tech, and absolutely thrilled to encourage the sharing of these skills amongst other fashion bloggers. We are definitely not a brainless bunch, and features like Links A La Mode: Tech only prove that even further!
LINKS À LA MODE: TECH – April 5th
- Beautifully Invisible: Social Media Dashboard – Why You Should Be Using One
- Fuyume: A Guide To Adding a Favicon To Your Blog
- IFB: Why Fashion Bloggers should Love Instagram
- Joanne Faith: The 5 Essential Skills Of Fashion Blogging
- Miss Viki: We Are Not Alone! Counting The Number Of Active, Non-Spam Fashion Blogs
- Relatively Chic: How to Deal With Internet Scum, Part 2: Spam
- Style by Santina: Five Reasons To Replace Blogger’s Built-in Comment System With Disqus
- Styling You: How Do You Balance Your Blogging Time?
- Trend Alert Daily: Should Fashion Bloggers Protect Their Tweets?
Found at Independent Fashion Bloggers
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Words of wisdom from "Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green" by Jay Conrad Levinson and Shel Horowitz:
"Your live can be abundant and full of blessings, with or without material wealth.
Abundance is fundamentally different from prosperity. Prosperity still works on the idea the you have to conquer others, that you have to strive for more money, and that pie is infinite and that helping others is one way to help yourself- the more you help, the more the whole pie expands.
It also says that you have to act and believe in the whole process. If you think and act from a scarcity model , you will find scarcity. If the energy you put into the universe comes from the mindset that you can easily get what you need and more, that's what you're likely to find."
I know you may have read this before, but I really wanted to share with you.
Does this ring true for you? Has helping others and coming from a place of abundance made an impact on the outcome of your life? If so, please share.
Thanks for stopping by, dear friend.