a' Paris Dansant
The Paris Apartment
Wabi & Sabi
Thank you for the lovely awards Fashion Moment, Frou Frou Fashionista and Janetteria. You gals are too kind and the best! Love you back!
Now, go ahead and grab your award. I thought I would let you choose your design. So, grab the award your heart desires. Please pass along to 10 other bloggers an award and the "10 things about you we don't know" tag to spread the love. Although, you can choose whether to be tagged or not. I'm easy. I don't want anyone to feel pressured. Thanks for being a good sport and playing along, if that's what you decide to do.
10 things about me you may not know and maybe didn't care to know:
1. I danced before I walked, per my Grandmother. And continued dancing through my grade school years in ballet, tap and jazz. Oh... I loved to dance. When I had my solo performances when I was 7 and 8 years old, my mom asked me if I was scared and I declared with confidence "No, the more people the better". We laugh about that. Oh... to bottle that confidence and take a shot when needed.
I actually do have some rhythm, but failed piano lessons. The teacher told my mother it was no use. But, I do have an immense respect and love for music by others. One of my few regrets... not taking piano more seriously.
2. The real deal about why I left dancing behind and became a runner. I haven't thought about this in years. I was a competitive long distance runner 5th grade through college. I was MVP for Cross Country, held the 2 mile record, and the most letters of any girl in the high school's history (11 total letters). Blah, blah, blah. Who cares. Something juicy? I became a runner when I beat a gal that was relentlessly wicked to me in grade school. Her name was Suzie. She and a few other choice friends (which were previously my best friends) told anyone that went to my birthday party they wouldn't be "in" anymore. Seriously cruel. Actually, I would love to meet her in an alley someday. Oh, I know, I am way too classy for that. I can dream though... right? She went down in a head to head photo finish type race one day. And, thus, a Runner was Born. I used that speed and endurance that God gave me, not my fists.
3. I have amazing parents that taught me to break rules. Oh... definitely not THEIR rules, but some should be broken or questioned. I was a cheerleader in high school. I was able to overturn the rule that an athlete can't be a cheerleader in conjunction with each other. Thank you to those open minded administrative people that approved it and my parents for their persistence! And, I mixed it up and was in student council as well. I was and am always pushing the envelope. Rules... What Rules?
4. I can be a little devil. I also played field hockey for four years at my slight 5' 2" 90 pound build (oh, I wish I was 90 lbs now). I ran as fast as I could from those Big girls with Sticks. I loved to trip them with my hockey stick. I never got caught. You are here... and now... you are not!
5. I get heckled about... my "mommy" uniform. The uniform consists of my favorite Chanel bracelet (gift from my parents), Beverly Feldman handbag (gift from Mr. Fabulous), gold gladiators, gold hoops and sundress everywhere. To the park, grocery store, birthday parties, out the door, etc...
People that knew me when I ran always think of me as "the runner". People that have only known me during my adult years think of my as a "girlie, girl". My goal is to break out of all "categories" and have people see me as just ME.
6. My short term goal is to learn how to surf. I go to the beach almost everyday with my son and Mr. Fabulous. Hubby surfs, so I'd like to join in on the fun. Not a bad life. No complaints.
7. I haven't written since college. That was many years ago. I would like to get better at it and expand my vocabulary. I am humbled by so many of my fellow bloggers that are amazingly gifted in this arena.
8. I am perplexed about the next chapter in life. I have no idea what I am going to do when I go back to work. I have about a year to figure this out. Little man goes to Kindergarten this fall. Any suggestions are much appreciated about what to do with myself on the job front!
9. I love fashion and interior design with the same unbridled passion. It's truly a 50/50 split. I changed clothes 5 times a day when I was 5. I still have the urge, but don't want to do the laundry. I started decorating ten years ago, right before I hooked up with Mr. Fabulous. So, I am a newbie at it. But, I got a certificate of design for fun. The biz/marketing degree was definitely not just for fun.
10. I am floored and amazed each time a get a comment from anyone. Especially when I respect them so. Which would be all my followers. They are truly amazing. Have you seen the talent in the house? Seriously...
So, I hope you enjoyed learning something new about me. Bless you if you are still reading this! I would like to share that these are few things that I don't disclose and my best friends don't even know. I am not a bragger, until it comes to my family. I brag about them. I am humble, grateful, know God gave me any talents I might have and thank God everyday for everything I am blessed with. And, for my amazingly supportive parents that always told me I could do absolutely anything in life, but I had to work for it. I hope I can do the same for my son. That's my goal. Thanks for listening!