A Touch of Frivolity
Edited by Retro Chick
It’s been a long time since pay day and this weeks Links à la Mode brings a touch of much needed frivolity as we crawl into the second month of a new decade. Idiosyncratic Style takes Scooby Doo’s Velma as her style inspiration, Dirty Hems is inspired by dolls houses and Ode to Awe shows off her leopard print nails. Want something for nothing? A few Goody Gumdrops has an Aspinall of London bag to giveaway and Retro Chick (that’s me!) has 2 Valentine goodie bags to giveaway worth over £100 each. We’ve also got some great designer interviews and some practical advice.
On a more sober note there’s some timely tips from Sway, Sway, Sway! on how you can continue to donate to Haiti without getting scammed, Shoe Daydreams discusses Tanya Golds “Why I hate Fashion” article and Ventures of Jenn shares her opinions on the body image debate.
Bring on February!
Note from Editor : Please be sure to check out the IFB Conference at NYFW : Evolving Influence
Links à la Mode: January 28th
- 39th and broadway – 5 Questions To Ask Before Beginning a Career in Fashion
- A Few Goody GumDrops – A Few Goody Gumdrops and Aspinal of London are Giving away an ever-so chic and sophisticated beige patterned skin clutch!
- Analogue Chic – Looking good while doing stuff – braving the weather and the commute with a sense of style.
- Bonne Vie – Invest in Quality Denim; featuring How-To Tips from Denim Debutante
- Cafe Fashionista – Style Secrets: Cowboy Boots Made Classy
- Cindy Whitehead – The Modern Snow Bunny
- Denim Debutante – Aeropostale Gives Back with Teens for Jeans Campaign
- dirty hems. – In the Dollhouse – Miniature inspiration and a teeny resulting DIY
- Dramatis Personae – a feature & interview with the designer behind i am dorkas
- Fasshonaburu – I challenge myself to follow my own dress code regulations in order to wow up my day to day ensembles.
- fête à fête – Clarins debuts first certified organic beauty soap
- Idiosyncratic Style – Inspired by the sartorially underrated Velma Dinkley.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – IFB Presents : Evolving Influence Conference NYFW 2010
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS – Interview with Janeane Marie Ceccanti
- Ode to Awe – I review Minx Nails, plus my glamourous Russian Garnet cocktail ring
- Oranges and Apples – Vintage teenage hair inspiration
- Retro Chick – Valentines Day is on it’s way and Retro Chick has 2 goodie bags worth over £100 each to give away to help you celebrate!
- Shoe Daydreams – Fashion Influences (?)
- Style Eyes Fashion Blog – I have avoided eco and ethical fashion in the past because of the price but I have just discovered it is affordable and stylish.
- Style Symmetry – How to Choose Items at a Clothing Swap Party
- Sway Sway Away! – A passionate plea from a member of the global community to her fashionable brothers and sister: help Haiti!
- THE COVETED – Suzy Menkes, Facehunter, LeMads & The Coveted talk about fashion blogs
- ventures of jenn – on body issues